Sunday, February 1, 2009

Night Skiing @ Brighton


Who went snowboarding at Brighton on Friday night? I did! And it was a lot of fun. Two weeks ago we went up to X96 and got our "freeloader" passes, getting us a 2 for 1 deal at Brighton (night skiing). So saving a dime or two, we had a blast up on the slopes. Having had so much fun the first time, we had decided for the repeat, the double or nothing, the encore, the "please sir may I have so more". The do it again. "Do it"! Okay so it was a blast the first time and even better the second. Eric, Kevin, Tiffani, Kim, Ian, Abby, Josh, Kristina, Bekah, and I smashed into Eric's and Ian's cars and after a quick pit stop at Sevvy, we headed for the canyon. After winding our way up Big Cottonwood Canyon, while listening to a little Aerosmith, EFY, Rascall Flatts, you name it; we arrived at our destination. We made it up around 4 or 5 o'clock and we didn't slow down till it was over at 9. It was a quick 4 hours.
So just for the record, I am proud to announce that I did make it down my first black diamond even though I didn't take it very fast. I kind of just mozzied on down heel side. This was mostly due to Ian and Eric's encouragement. It was still a lot of fun and I was really proud of myself. It was only my second time going snowboarding since I've been home. The first time I went two weeks ago was relearning time (not that I knew really well in the first place ), but this time I was really getting back into it. I even impressed myself, well at least after we got going a bit. I admit Tiffani and I took a spill coming off of the lift. I also plead not guilty to the fault, but then again so did O.J. I only took a few plunges, but those weren't enough to get or keep me down. Unfortunately my board did catch a few times but let's not worry about that now. When we were done we cruised back down to Provo and topped the night off with some Little Caesar's pizza and a little bit of Bargs. It was a good night!

1 comment:

  1. What does your hat say? Sounds like you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete